Northshore Area Manager
Integrity. Action. Excellence.
Northshore Area Manager - Must Have Full-Desk Staffing Experience![North Suburban Location]
Are you an experienced staffing/recruiting professional with a passion for driving sales and the drive to tackle larger projects? Are you quota driven and looking for a company where you can really make a difference?
The Salem Group is a multi-divisional strategic staffing and workforce management company. Salem is an award-winning, certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) which provides world-class staff augmentation, strategic workforce solutions, and contingent/ regular workforce procurement and management applications to better manage service delivery and talent supply chains.
The Salem Group is looking for a proven full-desk staffing professional to join our growing company and helm our Chicago Loop staffing center.
As the Northshore Area Manager – what you will be doing:
The Northshore Area Manager is the sales and operations lead of our North Suburban Staffing Center. This role is responsible for leading sales within the territory as well as managing a team of staffing managers/coordinators. The Northshore Area Manager is responsible for monitoring the P&L of their staffing center as well as prospecting and developing client relationships within their area.
60% Of your time
- Develops strong relationships with new and existing client end-users by understanding their business and staffing needs; and by facilitating connections between client’s departments and Salem service offerings
- Prospects actively for new opportunities through regular in-person and phone cold-calling
- Serves as primary local contact for client/employee issues; identifies and executes appropriate actions to resolve issues and/or escalates as appropriate; monitors results to ensure action plans are effective
- Proactively identifies business growth opportunities with additional end-users, departments, divisions, services lines, and or account solutions
- Maintains thorough understanding and knowledge of client’s business, industry, trends, and current events
- Participates in client meetings, analyzes client needs, make staffing recommendations, and secures staffing requests
- Must have complete knowledge of contractual agreements to ensure 100% compliance
- Manages overall account P&L where they have managerial responsibility (e.g., manages cost of services, documentation of cost savings, and demonstration of value-added services to the client)
- Analyzes monthly financial statements and implements strategies to increase profitability
- Creates, analyzes, and reviews reports and statistics, taking action when necessary.
20% of your time
- Develops and executes a proactive recruiting plan that clearly outlines the portions of the plan conducted for onsite sourcing models
- Maintains thorough understanding and knowledge of current hiring practices, recruitment strategies, and staffing industry trends
- Participates in account-specific lead sharing meetings
- Seeks first-hand client feedback and applies information to improve service
15% of your time
- People Management: Selecting, training and developing staff; monitoring staff performance including setting expectations, coaching and recognizing achievement, managing initiatives
- Clearly communicates roles and responsibilities and hold employees accountable for delivering results
5% of your time
- Plug-in where needed, remain flexible and fluid in role
- Provides feedback and coaching to ensure client expectation are being met
- Provides regular constructive feedback and development discussions with employees
As the Northshore Area Manager – what you need:
- Proven history of successfully selling in a highly competitive market
- College degree in Business Administration or related field, plus minimum of 8 years of related experience including experience managing others directly
- Good communication (both verbal and written), negotiation, interpersonal and decision making skills are required. Individual must be able to function independently/ autonomously yet know when to get management involved. Must also be comfortable presenting to and influencing many levels of management both within Salem and the client
- Advanced computer proficiency with MS Office Suite required
- Strong “figure-it-out” factor – when faced with new or challenging tasks, be resourceful to find a way to get them done
- Voracious learner with a desire to learn, and contribute to, all aspects of the business
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflow, which is essential to success in this role
- Highly organized with a proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to take direction, a quick learner, yet also proactive; someone who anticipates the needs of others
- Diplomatic and direct; able to adapt to others communication styles
- Having a positive, optimistic attitude
As the Norshore Area Manager – what you get:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits - Paid Time Off, Medical Insurance, 401K plan
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a copy of your resume and a brief, but succinct cover letter letting us know what you find most compelling about this opportunity. Include a specific example of a significant sales challenge you faced in the last year and how you overcame it, and how you would approach managing a team over your first 30, 90, and 180 days.
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Salem Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other category protected by law.