Integrity. Action. Excellence.
Are you a staffing industry professional looking for a cutting-edge and solution-oriented staffing company to call home? Are you driven to succeed, organized, with a never-say-die attitude and a productive team player? If so, The Salem Group may be the place for you. We are looking for the best of the best from the staffing industry to join our Oakbrook Staffing Center operations team as a Staffing Manager. Salem was founded on the core values of Action, Urgency, Excellence, and Integrity and we are looking for key employees who live by the same set of values.
As the leader of one of our Staffing Center operations teams, you will be responsible for driving the internal staffing operations. This includes, but is not limited to, coaching, mentoring and supporting your team and interviewing, vetting and placing qualified temporary employees to fill a wide variety of temporary, contract and assignment-to-hire positions. You will also have the opportunity to conduct performance reviews, problem-solve and provide exemplary customer service to our internal clients (our temporary employees) and our external clients. This position is a critical role for our company that combines an office manager role, with human resources, inside sales, customer service, and recruiter skills.
- Use your recruiting skills to find, qualify, interview and place top candidates with outstanding opportunities.
- Utilize your excellent communication skills to ensure 100% client and candidate satisfaction (we are a perennial winner of Clearly Rated’s Best in Staffing Award for both Clients and Talent!).
- Motivate your team and ensure your Staffing Center meets its goals
- Embrace Salem’s Best Practices and standard operating procedures including record-keeping and documentation requirements.
- Manage the end-to-end placements of temporary employees, from hiring, coaching, reporting, and payroll, all the way to terminations.
What We Offer You:
- An open, collaborative culture filled with other dedicated, driven team members
- Proven tools and technology to make your job as easy and productive as possible
- Opportunity to train with the best and brightest and then become the trainer for your team
- Unlimited growth potential
- A great work environment (last year we once again were lauded as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For and we ranked #1 in the Best Places to Work in Illinois!)
- A competitive salary and benefit plan
What You Need to Bring:
- A track record of 3+ years of success as an office manager, staffing coordinator or in client relations (ideally from the staffing industry)
- The ability to manage multiple initiatives, set priorities and work under a deadline, and manage your time and the time of others; professional experience supervising others preferred
- The ability to be totally outgoing - not afraid to pick up the phone and connect and build rapport with future and current clients and candidates
- A work-hard, play-hard work ethic along with a sense of urgency, persistence and a take-charge, positive attitude
- A winning, people-person attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, keyboarding and learning new software/programs
The Salem Group is a certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form below to apply. All applications should include a resume as well as a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and why you believe you would be a great fit for our organization. Also, in your letter, please delineate your desired compensation range.
The Salem Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other category protected by law.