Tips From Our Best
You need more than the right skills to be successful — you need the right attitude and insight. Here are some excellent recommendations from our most successful assignment employees.
- Be on TimeOn the first day of your assignment, arrive 15 minutes early. Thereafter, arrive 10 minutes early. This gives you a chance to get settled before your scheduled start time. Our clients prefer Salem assignment employees who are ready to start working on time.
- Be PatientWhen temp staff is employed to fill in for absent employees or during peak times, the regular permanent staff is likely to be busy and under a heavy workload. By remaining calm and focused while under rigorous assignment demands, you stay in control while impressing others with your grace under pressure.
- Be DiscreetDo not discuss your work with anyone other than your supervisor.
- Be ProductiveWhen you finish your work, notify your supervisor immediately. Ask what else you can do. If you use your time constructively, you earn respect and recognition for your diligence.
- Ask QuestionsWhen you arrive at your assignment, ask how to answer the telephone properly, what names to be aware of, when and where to take breaks and lunch, and whatever else you need to know.
- Leave a Lasting Good ImpressionThis is so easy! When you’re completing an assignment, take a moment to brief your supervisor on the status of your work. Organize your work area neatly. A thank-you note to your supervisor is a nice personal touch, one that helps ensure that you’ll be asked back again.
Payroll takes place on a weekly basis. You will be paid on Friday for the previous week’s work.* No fee is ever charged to our employees.
Salem makes time entry easy! With Salem’s WebCenter Time Entry System, entering your time has never been easier! You can enter it from your computer or any smart device, with internet access, whether at home or on the go, simply:
- Log in to WebCenter using the Webcenter Time Entry link (available via the Employee Login page, on this site) and instructions. To set up your timecard for your current assignment, please click on the “Assignments” option.
- Next, you will see information regarding your current Salem assignment. You want to ensure that you are viewing your current assignment (please reference the “Current” tab), then click “Create NEW timecard for this Assignment.”
- In the window that appears, please select the button alongside “Reg” (abbreviation for regular hours), and click “Confirmation.” WebCenter will then confirm your selection. Click “Create Timecard.” After you initially create this new timecard, you will no longer need to “Create Timecard” when you log your time. Instead, you will click on “View Timecards for this Assignment” to continue entering time.
- Your timecard will be created. Click on “View Timecard” to begin entering time.
- You are now able to begin entering time. You need to enter the time of your arrival, the time you clocked out for lunch, the time you clocked back in from lunch, and your departure time. Once you have entered your time, please select “SAVE AND CLOSE.” Please do not select the “Submit Timecard” button for your timecard until you have entered all of your time for the week. Please note that you should not round your time to the nearest quarter-hour; the system automatically does this for you.
- At the end of the week or following the completion of your assignment, “Submit Timecard” for approval.
*NOTE: Time must be entered by 5:00 p.m. CST each Saturday in order to receive your paycheck the following week.
The Salem Group considers applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other legally protected status.