Business Development Manager
Integrity. Action. Excellence.
Business Development Manager – Must Have Outside B2B Sales Experience
[Chicago Loop Location]
Are you passionate about strategically identifying and developing new business opportunities and skilled at partnering with your clients to achieve long-term growth? Are you goal-oriented and looking for a company that will provide the resources to help you meet and exceed those goals? The Salem Group is a multi-divisional strategic staffing and workforce management company. Salem is an award-winning, certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) which provides world-class staff augmentation, strategic workforce solutions, and contingent/ regular workforce procurement and management applications to better manage service delivery and talent supply chains.
Based in Chicago, The Salem Group ranked #3 in the Best Places to Work in Illinois and was named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in 2017. We also received Inavero’s Best of Staffing Diamond Award for Client Satisfaction and the Best of Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction this year! Our collaborative, non-hierarchal organization cultivates transparency, integrity, and a tight-knit community passionate about building lasting client relationships in order to connect extraordinary people with extraordinary organizations — for the optimal benefit of both.
The Salem Group is looking for a proven Business Development Manager to join our growing team.
As a Business Development Manager – what you will be doing:
- Managing the full sales cycle including lead generation, prospecting, cultivating lasting business relationships, and presenting comprehensive staffing solutions based on individual client needs
- Identifying and cultivating long-term business relationships with senior decision-making executives
- Planning and executing account strategies that provide the greatest opportunity to build strong, profitable client relationships
- Develop proposals, conduct presentations, and demonstrate comprehensive staffing solutions
- Generate sales that meet or exceed established goals through in-person and telephone cold calling and by scheduling and conducting regular client visits
Our Business Development Managers act as a true consultant while presenting The Salem Group’s comprehensive staffing solutions to senior decision makers at some of Chicago’s top companies. The ideal candidate will have experience in consultative selling to develop new business sales leads and, ultimately, long-term business relationships on behalf of The Salem Group. By successfully selling our services you will create countless opportunities for many individuals while advancing your own professional career.
As a Business Development Manager – what you get:
- An open, collaborative culture filled with other dedicated, driven team members
- Substantial base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- Great medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Expense and mileage reimbursement
- PTO, paid holidays, 401K, and more!
As a Business Development Manager – what you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree (highly preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of outside business to business (B2B) sales experience of consultative selling (staffing or non-tangible services a plus!)
- Demonstrated outstanding sales skills with working knowledge and experience selling to and managing medium and large-sized accounts
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience in the staffing industry is a plus
- High drive and skill set in appointment setting and presenting
- High aptitude in developing rapport and relationships with clients
So, if you are a high energy Business Development Manager with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for fearless consultative B2B sales and are interested in joining an award-winning team, apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a copy of your resume and a brief but succinct cover letter letting us know what about this opportunity you find most compelling and how you believe your past sales achievements have prepared you for success in this position.
Please direct your response to Dan Caraher, at firstname.lastname@example.org.