Business Development Manager
Integrity. Action. Excellence.
Business Development Manager
Must Have Outside B2B Sales Experience
The Salem Group is looking for proven sales professionals, passionate about B2B, solution-oriented selling. Put your knowledge and expertise to work by delivering the legendary service that has become Salem’s hallmark to our clients and assignment employees. A certified WBE with a roll-up-your-sleeves culture, The Salem Group is the ideal workplace for those who are highly driven, unfailingly energetic, and always motivated to work until the job is done. For those individuals who demonstrate this level of tenacity and dedication, the opportunities for advancement are limitless. So, if you’re a perennial budget-buster and a wiz at getting on your prospect’s calendars week after week who’s looking to join an organization with a truly compelling value proposition, we want to talk to you!
As a member of our staffing team, you will be responsible for establishing and building new client relationships, while leveraging and serving the existing client base by providing the high-end service that clients of The Salem Group expect. You would be responsible for assisting the Staffing Center in achieving its Profit Plan through the expansion of sales and creating new business development opportunities. In this role, we seek outstanding organizational and consultative sales skills. We expect you to be an excellent communicator who understands customer needs. If you are also goal-driven and analytical, we’d like to meet you.
Responsibilities of our Business Development Manager will include:
- Identify and cultivate long-term business relationships with senior decision-making executives.
- Develop and plan account strategies that provide the greatest opportunity to make sales.
- Develop proposals, conduct presentations, and demonstrate comprehensive staffing solutions, acting as a true consultant to leading organizations regarding their staff augmentation programs.
- Generate sales that meet or exceed established goals through in-person and telephone cold calling and by scheduling and conducting regular client visits.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and experience with consultative selling in order to develop new business sales leads and ultimately long-term business relationships on behalf of The Salem Group.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience of proven B2B sales with a proven track record of increasing sales and revenue; field sales experience is preferred; services sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma + equivalent work experience
- Self-starter with an internal drive, natural curiosity, and exceptional people skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience using consultative selling techniques
- Confidence to sell clients from all walks of life, from junior to C-level executives
- Ability to create a “WOW” experience from a cold call to an RFP
- Must demonstrate sound business judgment and decision-making skills
- Must be trainable and coachable in order to career development
- Must have a track record of meeting deadlines and possess the ability to manage time, territory and multiple projects
- Must be willing and able to travel to other office locations as needed
- Substantial base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- Excellent benefits – PTO, paid holidays, 401K, and more!
- Great medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Expense and mileage reimbursement
- A rewarding career with an industry-leading organization recognized year-over-year as a top company to work for in Illinois (seriously, check out our award page)
- Opportunities for advancement for those who truly exemplify Salem’s core values of INTEGRITY. ACTION. EXCELLENCE.
The Salem Group is a certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form below to apply. All applications should include a resume as well as a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and why you believe you would be a great fit for our organization. Also, in your letter, please delineate your desired compensation range.
The Salem Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other category protected by law.