Business Development Manager
Integrity. Action. Excellence.
Business Development Manager
The Salem Group, a leading contract/temporary staffing provider, is hiring proven sales professionals with expertise and passion for B2B, solution-oriented selling. We are looking for an outstanding Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive sales in their assigned territory. Salem could be your ideal workplace if you are highly driven, energetic, and always motivated to work until the job is done.
About The Position:
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for establishing and growing new client relationships as well as maintaining current clients. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent communication abilities and be highly motivated to meet and exceed sales goals. Ultimately, you will strongly contribute to Salem growth by identifying business opportunities and recommending the right solutions across our divisions, including Office Administrative, Technical, and Engineering.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES (80%):
- Generate new business opportunities through consistent outbound sales activities; generating online meetings to present staffing solutions to your target list of prospects and cultivating lasting business relationships
- Meet weekly sales metrics and leverage Salem’s proven sales methodologies designed to generate annual personal sales and gross profit objectives
- Know your material and speak confidently with clients and prospects about the contingent staffing programs and improvements they may benefit from
- COVID CONSIDERATIONS: These positions will be in our Oakbrook Terrace and Buffalo Grove offices. Sales will be conducted via videos (yes, you will produce the videos), phone, and online meetings until such time as it’s safe to make in-person calls again.
CLIENT SUPPORT AND RETENTION RESPONSIBILITIES (20%):
- Continually expand business relationships within each client, cultivating Salem-advocates by providing our outstanding customer service (our client rated Net Promoter Score is roughly 4 times the average for our industry!)
- Foster positive relationships internally to encourage increased sales and assist Staffing Center in proactively marketing talent to your clients
- 2+ years of sales experience, preferably in the staffing industry or other, services-based, consultative industry
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding sales budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred — ideally in Business or other applicable discipline
- 1+ years of successful phone sales experience in your career — the “new normal” for sales means we won’t be seeing clients face to face for a while, therefore the phone, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom are your friends
- Strong drive to build and cultivate long-lasting client relationships and the ability to use oral communication and presentation skills to conduct effective client meetings over the phone, through virtual platforms, and in-person
- Must have the ability to get over rejection and stay positive every day
- Substantial base salary plus UNCAPPED commission
- Excellent benefits – PTO, paid holidays, 401K, and more!
- Great medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Expense and mileage reimbursement
- A rewarding career with an industry-leading organization recognized year-over-year as a top company to work for in Illinois (seriously, check out our award page)
- Opportunities for advancement for those who truly exemplify Salem’s core values of INTEGRITY. ACTION. EXCELLENCE.
WHY WORK HERE?
The Salem Group consistently ranks in the top 1% highest performing staffing companies in North America for both client and talent satisfaction. The Salem Group is the ideal workplace for those who are highly driven, unfailingly energetic, and always motivated to work until the job is done. A certified WBE with a roll-up-your-sleeves culture.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form below to apply. All applications should include a resume as well as a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and why you believe you would be a great fit for our organization. Also, in your letter, please delineate your desired compensation range.
The Salem Group provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other category protected by law.